5th Biennial Conference of the Western Balkans Evaluators’ Network (WBEN)
Over the years, the WBEN Conferences have proven to be a key event for connecting evaluators, clients and users of evaluation results in the Western Balkans region.
It is my great pleasure to inform you that the Slovenian Evaluation Society is organizing the 5th Biennial Conference with the following theme:
“Impact Evaluation of public policies – principles, methods and practices”.
Conference date and location: 29-30 September 2023, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Conference venue: Faculty of Criminal Justice and Security (UM), Kotnikova street 8, Ljubljana (room 7, 1st floor).
The Programme Committee invites you to submit paper proposals or paper abstracts (from 300 to 500 words) by May 1, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified if your application was successful by June 15, 2023.
You are welcome to submit your paper proposals in your regional languages or in English.
The Conference will prioritize the following topics:
- Current practice and the system of policy impact evaluations in the country, sector, region; perspectives based on concrete experiences and completed evaluation studies.
- Evaluation challenges related to theory, methodology, system, standards or ethics.
- The evaluation system and broader evaluation challenges related to the EU, international donors, the UN and other global actors.
- Key issues of the organization and work of evaluation communities in the WB region, including the establishment of the evaluation profession.
- Cooperation of evaluators in the region and experience from the work of the regional network.
The organizer will endeavour to publish a book of abstracts.
Registration fee for participants:
Early birds (until 1 September 2023) EUR 100
From 1 September 2023 onward EUR 200
If you wish to contribute additionally to the activities of the regional community of evaluators, you are kindly invited to voluntarily contribute the full amount of EUR 200. You will be granted additional visibility and secure an invitation to the VIP lunch.
For the Conference Programme Committee with kind regards,
Slovenian Evaluation Society