Croatian evaluation network is launched
Slovenian Evaluation Society (SiES) has initiated a meeting of Croatian evaluators in Zagreb on 15. November 2013. This has been a final act of three month of preparation which included:
1. Collection of 6000 e-mail addresses from public sources (Universities, Institutes, National and City administrations, consultancy businesses, CSOs).
2. E-mail has been sent to the list inviting recipients to join the Regional network of evaluators. 60 positive responses have been received.
3. We have proposed to the respondents to volunteer for organising a meeting of the group to establish itself as a CEN. Three persons volunteered and so in cooperation with SiES organised a meeting in Zagreb, capitol of Croatia.
Meeting has been hosted by the Mayors’s office for strategic planning. It has been organised in three parts. The first two parts of the meeting have been chaired by SiES, while the third part by three initiators-volunteers:
1. Presentation of IOCE project p2p.
2. Presentation of Slovenian Evaluation Society and the Regional evaluation Network.
3. Establishment of CEN.
In the third part the process of preparation of the meeting was presented. The discussion has took place on
– What is the most appropriate form of the evaluation community in Croatia – either informal network or formal organisation? It has been concluded that the Network is appropriate form as it is the most open form of collaboration. On this platform, any formal institution of evaluators can be established at some later occasion, depending on interests and needs of the network members.
– The next topic has been about an operational orientation of the Network (program of work). The network will organise regular annual meetings (1-2), it will establish a web page, provide for training, project partner search and preparation of the evaluation standards. CEN will meet again in November/December 2013 to work out a work plan. Also, CEN and SiES will aim at organising annual meeting between two societies.
– The concluding issue has been about the choice of the responsible persons for management of the CEN network (dr. Ivanom Rašić Bakarić, EIZ) and for representing CEN in regional network (dr. Dubravka Jurlina Alibegović, EIZ).
This is not official note from the meeting.
Bojan Radej, SIES, 18. XI. 2013
Minutes from the meeting of REMEVA (Regional Evaluators Network of the Western Balkans) held on November 15, 2013 in Zagreb
The meeting of REMEVA was held on November 15, 2013 in Zagreb. The meeting was hosted by the Mayor’s Office for Strategic Planning (ZgForum). At the beginning of the meeting, Mr. Bojan Radej presented the mission and the vision of the Slovenian Evaluation Society (SiES). He also presented key conclusions and results from the regional meeting held in Sarajevo in September this year. Generally, Mr. Radej was speaking about the experience of Slovenian colleagues. Mr. Radej also announced the next meeting of the Regional Evaluators Network, which will be held in Ljubljana in January next year.
The main purpose and result of this meeting held on November 15, 2013 in Zagreb was the formation of the Croatian Evaluation Network (CEN). Dr. Dubravka Jurlina Alibegović, director of the Institute of Economics, Zagreb (EIZ), was appointed as the national representative of CEN (“the Network”) in REMEVA. The Institute of Economics, Zagreb will provide overall coordination for the Network, including distribution and archiving of relevant documentation. CEN is seen as a platform for sharing information and best practice on issues related to evaluation. The Croatian Evaluation Network is composed of experts from Croatia who are dealing with evaluations.
The Network is designed as a Croatian focal point for issues related to evaluation and research on evaluation. The Network will meet twice a year (once in spring, once in autumn), it will establish a website, provide for training, project partner search and preparation of the evaluation standards. The next CEN meeting will be held in November/December 2013 in order to design a work plan for CEN. Also, CEN and SiES will aim at organising an annual meeting between the two associations. On a yearly basis, CEN will organize an Annual Forum Conference, which will bring together evaluators from the region. The Institute of Economics, Zagreb will chair the meetings of the Network and shares the organisation of the meetings jointly with the members.
The Network has been set up to facilitate an exchange of expertise and to support the evaluation of public policies, programmes and institutions. The activities of CEN will include preparation and organisation of training courses and seminars, as well as development of Croatian Evaluation Standards in line with the Evaluation Strategy of the Ministry of Regional Development and EU Funds. The Network puts particular emphasis on strengthening the dialogue between producers and users of evaluations. It will provide a register of experts dealing with evaluation. The network is targeted at the evaluation functions established by national authorities, evaluation experts and other stakeholders dealing with evaluation.
As a communication tool CEN will use the Regio Portal website http://www.regio-hr.com. The person responsible for management of the CEN network will be Ivana Rašić Bakarić (EIZ) and for representing CEN in the regional network Dr. Dubravka Jurlina Alibegović (EIZ).
Minutes preparred by: Dr. Dubravka Jurlina Alibegović (EIZ).